- Concentrations of Gasses or Vapors exist under normal operating conditions
- Concentration of Gases or Vapors are normally prevented
- Group C Atmospheres such as Cyclopropane, Ethyl Ether, Ethylene, or gases or vapors equivalent in hazard.
- NOTE - Equipment must be special ordered with Group C motor.
- Group D atmospheres such as acetone, alcohol, ammonia, benzene, benzol, butane, gasoline, hexane, lacquer solvents, naphtha, natural gas, propane or gases or vapors equivalent in hazard.
Please note that All Models (steam cleaners, hot pressure washers, and combination units) with the explosion-proof option meet Class 1, Division 1 and 2, Group C and D.
- Explosive lists exist under normal operating conditions.
- Explosive dusts are normally prevented.
- Group E atmospheres containing metal dust and other combustible dusts including aluminum, magnesium, and their commercial alloys, and other metals of similarly hazardous characteristics.
- NOTE - Not appropriate for atmospheres containing Uranium, Thorium, or Zirconium dust.
- Group F Carbon black, charcoal, coal, or coke and similar materials.
Only hot pressure washers with the explosion-proof option will meet requirement for Class II, Division 1 and 2, Group E and F